Friday, August 24, 2012

Wang Chiew Seafood Restaurant @ SS2, PJ 黄记海鲜酒楼

I had been visiting here for a few times due to a very good friend of mine. Brian used to stay around the neighbordhood. he claimed that this is a very well-known restaurant for decade and i was convinced by the crowds everytime i visited.

Well, after trying the food here, i was totally bought it up by every possitive feedback that Brian gave. We had ordered a steamed fish, 非洲鱼. in nyonya style. the fish was fresh indeed and the sauce is really amazing. we had almost sucked up every single part of the fish. The sour and spicy sauce had waken up every single cell of my tongue, make me digging more rice with it. I know there is another well-known restaurant for 非洲鱼, 兰姐蒸非洲鱼;I was always wanted to try it out, but just never have that chance.

The next dish was the Indonesia Seafood Curry Toufu, 印尼咖哩豆腐。the fragrant of the curry already made me kept swallowing my saliva, and the taste was awesome. The deep fried Tofu was just nice, and there are a lot of other ingredients, such as fish, sotong, shrimp and Tofu po; besides that, that's a surprise underneath it, the steam egg. The curry has very strong taste and thick fragrant of coconut milk, I also find the dried shrimp虾米 inside the curry, I think it's really helpful for bringing up the freshness of curry. It's really worth trying.

Next, Sizzling beef 铁板牛肉; the presentation was quite an eye candy with smoky effect. I wasn't quite into this dish as the beef wasn't tender enough that I expected, it's kinda tough and chewy for certain pieces that I tried; maybe I don't like welldone beef; anyway, but the sauce was amazing, it's black pepper sauce, the cook put some ginger slides to increase the spiciness, and the wood-ear mushroom 木耳 was surprisingly go well with it.










Lastly, the Sesame chicken, 芝麻鸡 the deep fried boneless chicken cutting into pieces and pouring with sweet thick sauce and sesame seed on top. It's actually kinda like Thai style chicken or Lemon chicken replaced with different kind of sauce, but we still like it, only if the sauce was kinda too sweet for us; I can't tell what kind of sauce they applied, it tasted a bit like plum sauce but sweeter... anyway, it's a very decent dish.





Overall, all dishes contain strong taste and favors, and we all had extra plain rice with finishing all dishes by 3 of us (including David), and we are all satisfied and enjoyed the whole meal; definitely will come back if have chance. Sorry for the blurry picture that I took.

Address: Wang Chiew Seafood Restaurant

              30, Jalan ss2/103              47300 Petaling Jaya,              Tel: 03-77223662Business Hour: 11.30am-10.30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment