Sunday, August 12, 2012

Alexis Bistro and Bar, The garden, Mid Valley






Yesterday I went to Mid Valley to join my friends for a couple of drinks during happy hour. After finishing our drinks; we decided to have some food, but we collided with the buka puasa timing, therefore, almost every restaurant were full... unfortunately.
Eventually, we end up get into a restaurant, alexis. Well, the decorating was simple and elegant, and very cozy there. They are serving not only Italian food, and also the local food such as Nasi Lemak, Laksa and Chicken rice.


As my friend had ordered the Seafood pizza and the Carbonara angle-hair, while we were still struggling what to order, I asked the waitress what is good and famous in here, and she recommended the Sarawak Laksa. I was quite surprise that she actually recommend local food instead of Western. But I just give it a try.

As the Pizza was arrived, it was thin-crust, the shrimps and slides of octopus was placed evenly on top of the pizza, it was quite catchy. But when I tried the first slide, it was not that impressive. I have to emphasize here that every person has a different taste buds, different opinion on food; and I'm not an expert of food judge. But as a consumer, I paid for my food and I think I allow to comment what I paid for.

The pizza was tasteless, I can't taste the freshness of the seafood but waterly.The servers didn't offer us any ketchup or chili sauces to go with it. I found it rather disappointed.

The Carbonara angle hair, it was my friend's favorite dish. But I think it was too dry, usually we can taste the creamy sauce of Carbonara, but it doesn't contain any extra sauce, the pasta was all stick together. Anyway, The taste was actually quite ok for me, I still can taste the milky chicken flavor.





Finally, the Sarawak Laksa, it doesn't contain too many ingredients in it, only Meehon, couple piece of shrimps, slides fried egg, bean sprouts and veges... But the soup was very nice, strong and rich flavor of spices and prawn taste; it can beat the authentic Sarawak Laksa. but it cost RM22 per bowl, it's ain't cheap anyway.




Address:     Lot f209 1st Floor 
                   The Gardens                    Mid Valley City                    Lingkaran Syed Putra                    59200 Kuala Lumpu

Contact:      03 2287 2281

No comments:

Post a Comment