Sunday, August 12, 2012

Restaurant Leong Ah-Puchong 梁雅(女)海鲜饭店-蒲种



I still remember clearly when I was in the Inti college Nilai, my friends and I used to go KL shopping during weekend by taking KTM; sometimes we would stop by Station Serdang for the well-known paper wrapped chicken 纸包鸡. During that time, I found this was unique and extraordinary, and therefore recommended a lot of friends to go there and try. After nearly a decade, my friend brought me to their branch in Puchong. I was thrilled to give it a try.


We were having some hard time to order our food as their menu contains variety of food that end up we needed their help to recommend the choices. For sure we certainly had ordered the paper wrapped chicken.


The first dish was recommended by their worker, Ribs in dual sauces (鸳鸯排骨). Obviously this dish is the ribs cooked in two different sauces- Marmee sauce and Thousand Island sauce. It was quite eye-catching for their presentation, but I found the meat was dry and tough, perhaps it had been a little bit over cooked. For the sauces, I would prefer the Marmee sauce as I think it was perfectly mixed and goes well with plain rice. The thousand island sauce was too sweet for me, it actually doesn't taste like the thousand island sauce that I used to know, I think it's home-made.
The second dish was also recommended by them, the house-Tofu (家乡豆腐). The portion was pretty big, good enough to serve for 5 persons. The Tofu was homemade egg bean-curd; they deep fried the Tofu and pour a layer of thick gravy with minced meat to the Tofu, lastly placed the extra deep fried onion and deep fried dried radish to the top. I though it was a pretty good and decent dish, but my friend said the sauce was kinda tasteless.


Another dish was Kailan in two cooks (金枝玉叶), some restaurant called it 鸳鸯芥兰; I reckon this dish  is quite common to find in other restaurant lately. The Kailan was separated into the leaves and the stems, the leaves were cut into small pieces and put into the hot oil to deep friend until crispy, the stems part was boiled into hot water with seasoning. I think the leaves is too oily for me, but the presentation and the taste was flawless.

At last, the paper wrapped chicken 纸包鸡, it was as good as that I expected; I don't know is my expectation was too high or the quality of the chicken dropped; it tasted like normal oyster sauce chicken for me. My friend said I was the one who change, after years of exploring, I had tried and experienced a lot of different things; therefore, we have already changed in many ways and thinking.
Anyway, it was quite a good experience, there are still a lot of dishes in  the menu that we haven't... perhaps some other time...

Address: 95 Jalan Kenari 23, Bandar Puchong Jaya, 
                 47100 Puchong, Selangor.95 Jalan Kenari 23, 
                 Bandar Puchong Jaya, 47100 Puchong, 
                 Selangor, Malaysia
Contact:  03-8075 5579

1 comment:

  1. 1st time at Leong Ah over the weekend ! The paper wrapped chicken was really superb !
    The ribs done 2 ways were good , not tough n not too fatty .
    The Kai Lan was also very well done , not oily at all n just right amount of saltiness.
    The sotong with salted eggs could have been more crispy otherwise it was good too.
    Will be back on my next trip to Puchong :-)

    ReplyDelete