Monday, August 20, 2012

Puchong Yong Tau Foo, 蒲种酿豆腐

I think it will be one of the restaurant that I would miss the most after I go back to JB, I had came here for many times, especially weekend, even for lunch sometimes. Even recommended a lot of friends to visit here, some of them are from my hometown, JB.








I'm really thankful for my friend who brought me to here and discovered this piece of gem, I wasn't really into Yong Tau Foo in the first place. In Johor, Yong Tau Foo is just a side dish or extra ingredient for soup or noodles, which I never think it can be main course. Moreover, I 'm a meat lover and prefer heavy taste food; Yong Tau Foo is kinda too light for me, therefore, Yong Tau Foo was actually not the type of food that I would fancy for... Ever since I tried the Yong Tau foo here, and I accidentally fall in love with it.

The Yong Tau Foo here has two major cooking way, deep fried and souping. Well, you just get a small basket pick whatever ingredients you want into the basket, they have fried Tofu, chili, bitter gourd, egg plant, ladyfinger, Yao Zha Gui (油条)and bean curd skin, they are all been cut and cleaned nicely and waiting for the customer to pick them and fill with fish pastes; besides, they also have extra ingredients which are not displaying at the outside,  such as Zha Shui Jiao (炸水饺), Zha Wonton(炸馄饨), soft bean-curd and fish ball,  Usually they will ask you whether you want to add in your order or not when you deliver your basket.

Every time I came here, I always get too much ingredients and get over stuffed, but every single piece of them are generously stuffed of the fish paste, and what worth to mention is the fish paste is really fresh make your every single bite, it's mouthful satisfaction. They insisted to fill the fish paste right after you order to keep the freshness and quality of the food, I'm truly admiring and respecting their way of preparing their food; because every time I visit, always fully crowd with still a lot of people waiting for the next table available, but they still can deliver their food rapidly with high standard.

Their sauce are fantastic, there are 2 kinds, Chili and Sweet sauce. The chili sauce is slightly spicy but very tasty and trilled. the sweet sauce is also too sweet for me, but I like mixed them and pouring on top of my each piece of my yong tau fu, it goes well with plain rice.





This is the Yao Zha Gui, and this is my friend, David's favorite. The deep fried Yao Zha Gui become crispy and crunchy coat covering the tasty and freshly fish paste. We just can't get enough. I don't have much photo with other vegetables like chili and ladyfinger, because David doesn't like em'...




Besides that, they have cup rice cake (碗仔糕) and paper wrapped chicken (纸包鸡), I don't really much the paper wrapped chicken ( I think it worse than 梁雅); but the cup rice cake is pretty good, thanks to their chili and sweet sauce and the sweetness and saltiness of the marinated radish (菜圃) is balance and perfectly going well with the rice cake.

I almost come every weekend during dinner time, it was crazily crowded and the parking was also driving me insane... but still...I love to come, and the price is very reasonable.

Address:  Puchong Yong Tau Fu
               Lot 105, Batu 14,
               Jalan Besar,
               Kampung Baru Puchong,
               Selangor, Malaysia.


Business Hour: 11am until 9.30pm. Closed on Mondays.







No comments:

Post a Comment