Thursday, August 9, 2012

Chuan Kee, Gohtong Jaya, Genting. 全记



Last weekend my friends suggested to go Genting Highland in sudden to spend our weekend; I was unwilling to go with them despite of I tried to turn them down. Anyway, it was quite a rock star weekend.

While we decided to leave Genting, my friend said there is a well-known restaurant located in Gohtong Jaya, since we were about to pass by there and we decide to settle our dinner there. My friend claimed that there are a lot of celebrities who were in Genting Highland went there for good food. I was very excited and looking forward for that meal.




When we arrived, the restaurant was different from what I expected; the restaurant is kinda old, narrow and crowded. But as long as the food was good here, I don’t really care the environment; apparently the seat were all taken and we have to wait for a while to let other people to leave first, then we placed our order during our waiting period.




It’s doesn’t take too long for the next table opening, it’s hard miss that there are a lot of owner’s picture that taken with different celebrities  who visited here hanging surrounding the wall of the restaurant. The picture I took only shows certain pictures on the wall, actually there are a lot more on the other side of the wall… that I can’t take it (paiseh.. a lot of people watching)





Finally the food were arrived, I didn’t know what food that my friend had placed; surprisingly the first dish is Thai Chicken (泰式炸鸡), in fact, it was quite ok, but it's not my flavor dish that night; the deep fried chicken was quite tasty by itself, but pouring the Thai style sweet & sour sauce; it doesn't quite match together, I'm not saying the dish was ruined... but the chicken just doesn't go along with the sauce.


The second dish was the Steam fish head with ginger paste (姜蓉蒸鱼头), it was pretty decent and good dish, it reminds me 陈秀莲蒸鱼头, in Cheras. I couldn't tell what species of fish it was; but it was fresh. and the sauce was heavy and strong tasted, it waken up every single cell of your taste bud in the next second. But... perhaps the ginger paste was too heavy, it covered the sweetness of the fresh fish itself; anyway, it was still pretty good dish.


The next dish, we called it Three local kings (三大天王), there are long bean, eggplant and winged bean; it's rare to find restaurant selling winged bean, it's because it's not easy to be found in the market and expensive. Usually we could find this dish in four ingredient instead of three, Four local king (四大天王); long bean, eggplant, lady finger and petai. Perhaps not much can accept the taste of petai and it's expensive due to it's rare, not much restaurant selling it either. Forget about my long-winded explanation, let get back to the dish, the three local king was absolutely wonderful, I'm not crazy about it because I'm a typically meat-lover. But what worth to mention is the taste was just right and the smell of stir fried was very fragrant and go just right with white rice.


The next dish was the spare ribs with house special sauce(京酱排骨),the spare ribs was remarkable, especially the sauce was sweet and flavorful; I, myself love BBQ spare ribs and 排骨王, and this dish was quite similar to both dishes, so I was quite enjoy for it.




And the last dish, I forgot what was the name; let just called it crispy pork in special sauce (密汁培根). My friend, David said it is his favorite and claimed that you can't have it anywhere else. It's a must try dish here. The thick three layer pork slide (thicker than bacon), after deep fried, it was crispy and cover by the sweet soy sauce coat, it was really special and unique. Actually it kinda taste like bacon in BBQ sauce coating.And indeed, you can't see this dish in anywhere else. 

Although the last two dishes are kinda close-tasted, because of the sweet sauce. Anyway, each individual dish are quite remarkable, and the overall experience is also not bad at all; definitely would recommend others to visit here!

No comments:

Post a Comment