Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Menya Musashi Samurai Ramen, 面屋武藏

My food maniac colleague brought me to Ramen restaurant during lunch time, at Isetan food paradise in 1Utama.  It was quite obvious that the restaurant decorated with a several painting of the Japanese Samurai and it was really crowded as the ramen here was quite well-known.

Soon enough we were arranged seated, we had placed the order while we were waiting to be seated. there are several choices of ramen, and there are 3 selection of the soup base: Onion oil (White), Garlic and fried shallot oil (Black) and Special home make spicy oil (Red).
I had order the special home make spicy oil, I can't recall what type of ramen that I had ordered; they are all just Japanese name that I couldn't memorize at all. The kitchen is an open concept, you can see the cook is preparing the ramen, and sometime they will yell suddenly while they cook the noodle ( Not sure what they are yelling for, but it's the traditional Japanese spirit); I was worrying the hot water might spill on us because we were sitting the kitchen counter area. While the food was served, the presentation of the ramen was quite catchy. The soup is not clear, boring soup; it's very thick, but I can tell it's not because of cornstarch. The first impression of the soup for me might be too salty or too much MSG in it; but turned out the soup was pretty nice. The strong and rich flavor of the pig bone, very thick, tasteful and not healthy ( but I like it. lol..)
The noodle was just nicely cooked, very chewy and Q. The Chashu (pork slide) was very generous portion that placed in each bowl oh god; the fat and lean meat was separated evenly, make you each mouthful of lean and fat meat for every single bite. The egg was perfect, the egg york was half boiled, but the rest was fully cooked; do you know how hard to cook an egg like this? and also the taste of the egg was just perfect; especially the eye york was surprisingly salty, I had no idea how they managed it...
Overall, this is a sinful ramen, I was so guilty of finishing the entire bowl and no considering the extra weight may gain after. It's RM26.00 for one bowl, purely evil; and I get a sleepy evening during work after this.

No comments:

Post a Comment