Friday, August 10, 2012

Ma'cik Biryani, The Curve, Damansara



Yesterday my colleagues and I went to the curve for lunch, and somehow we walked in to a restaurant, Mak Cik Biryani; the environment was quite nice, very retro and Nyonya style of decoration. When we open the menu, there are actually quite plenty of choices for food selection; but there are all local food, like Chaoy Kuet Diao, Nasi Lemak, Laksa and so on. Anyway, we all decided to order their signature Nasi Biryani; there are still certain selections for Nasi Biryani, like Chicken, Beef, Mutton and seafood. Each order cost more than RM20. I had ordered the beef eventually.
While the food was served, the presentation was quite unique, the whole pot was delivered to the table, although  it's a single order, but 5 of us all ordered the nasi biryani but different meat; so end up there are 5 pots of them.
When I opened the wooden cover, the next second I can smell the strong fragrant of the rice; and the first sight of the rice was attractive, each single piece of yellowish rice covering the meat and spices. On top of the rice, placed with mint leave, green onion and fried onion; it's gorgeous.
I can't wait to use the wooden spoon that they provided to start digging my rice to my serving plate; in fact, I find it's stupid and just start eating the rice directly from the pot. The rice was really good, the taste was just perfect, the sense of the fragrant was very rich; I can't help myself to try the second bite. Well, the beef was just too tough for me, it's really chewy. Apparently, they are using local beef, the tendon of the beef was like rubber, it keeps you biting but just unbreakable. Anyway, I don't expect they use Australia or Kobe beef, so it was just ok for me.
Having until nearly the end, I found out the layer of over-burn of the rice stuck on the pot, some people will enjoy it because that part is crispy and aromatic of the burn rice. The rice was actually quite greasy, although it was quite tasty,  but it's easy to feel sick of it, especially when you see the layer of oil in the pot, after you dig out the rice. End up I couldn't finish the entire pot of rice, well... the portion was pretty big as well.
Overall, the experience was quite good and... memorable; the second time? perhaps not!

1 comment:

  1. I went to the Makcik Biryani~ The Curve, to have my lunch. I had ordered "Stm Rice-Curry Chicken" and etc. for your info the Bill Number : 00043783/POS01. i was really disappointed with the chicken curry where the curry totally CRAB means "SPOILED" one. they replace the chicken curry with the Biryani Chicken and i dont like the curry at all. This is the service you provide to us. As a consumer i dont introduce your restaurant to any of my friend and family. the service you provide also not good enough. If anything happened to my health today or tomorrow, u will see what will happened. However i will make an official complaint to the consumers care and will put on the news paper. I dont bother whether you are going to improve or not, but in my convenient i will make an official complaint about your restaurant. the reason ehy i make the official complaint is because i had spoke to one of your manager on the day she is a lady and the answer she given me is all irresponsible and rude.. What for i need to come back and introduce to my fren with this kind of service. i hope you will look into it very seriously and i needs to get your answer. thanks you can contact me via email : arasanrashan@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete